Saturday, July 11, 2009

One tough chick!!

This story is about our only girl dachshund, Bindi Lou. She came
to us at around 6 mos. old, she's now going on 2!! Her story isn't
as horrible as her brothers but the home she was surrendered
from kept her caged over 14 hrs a day, then onto the night who
knows how many more?!
Her life started out as Chloe but since I had a problem keeping
that name due to a great niece being named the same...
I chose Bindi...(partly because I love the crocodile hunters
daughter and mostly because it is Australian Aboriginal
meaning "Little Girl")
She was about 5 lbs and a black and tan mini
dachshund. She's so silky and shiny and has the cutest
little marking under her chin in the shape of a triangle.
Her ears are so much more bigger in proportion to her
body and she loves to chew her toenails!! LOL no need to
worry about doing them for her! She also is a pigeon-
toed dog!! I kid you not...it's so doggone cute!
She was driven several legs from Tenn. several
people donated their free time to drive her certain legs
of the trip. I instantly melted at her presence....meanwhile
my boy mini dachshund....DIDN"T!! He wanted to throw
down the instant he laid eyes on her! He fought me the
entire trip back from nearly Kentucky!!
To lighten up her nerves, my daughter gave her a snack
about 1 hr into our trip and she didn't want to lay
anywhere but in my arms while I drove. So, miles
past by as she weighted my arms down until I could
take no more and at a light I lifted her up to give over
to my daughter when I realized that she had severely
swollen lips!! She resembled a platypus!! I immediately
pulled over and called the rescue to see if this was just
normal for her, being told no....we agreed it was the snack
that had caused it....so, no more buying that kind! ;)
Her next trick was to climb into the front passenger
seat, squat and whiz all over it...potty-training issues!
But with a face like that.....how can you get mad? :)
All in all she's been a joy to have and I couldn't imagine
ever giving her up. She's the toughest little girl, too...
hard as nails, she can put all our dogs in their place. I
nicknamed her the "Flying Ninja" because she can
come clear outta left field and knock the boys for a
loop....her dark fur and sneaky looks remind me of a
ninja and the way she jumps looks like she's flying thru
the air!! And she makes a really low growl-yell that
sounds as if she's out for blood and they know to take
off in the other direction....fast!!
She's especially fond of Samsam....he's her chew toy and
her love muffin....depends on the time of day!! He outweighs
her by at least 6 lbs yet she can drag him all over the floor!!
He loves it!!
One of her most adorable features is her ability to sit
straight up on any surface and hold it for the longest
periods of time....she's just adorable!! Whether she
wants to get leashed up to go outside, beg for a
snack, get on your lap.....it's up on the hinds and we
are jello in her hands!! ;)
My husband sings the song Crazy to her (Patsy Cline)
and it makes her go wild....she will nip on his neck and
ears until he quits singing!! Of course he doesn't
sing it the way Patsy or Leann Rimes does which is
probably the reason she uses her teeth to rebel!!!
She's such a beautiful little girl, I can't imagine
my life without her....she is so fun to have around!!
I'm so glad that God directed me to the rescues
web-site that day....I looked at her picture every
single day until she was home with us.....I fell in
love with her the second I saw those sad eyes and
those big old ears.....look for yourself at her baby
picture....could you pass her over?
Have a great night and the next time I write, it
will be about the weiney dog that started my love
affair with the breed!! Take care.....Gigi***

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past