Friday, July 3, 2009

HAPPY AND SAFE JULY 4TH WEEKEND

Just wanted to share a project with you.
Years ago, I saw a sign that resembled the
saying on mine....LOVED IT, so I kinda copied
it. Instead of using a crackle from the store,
I mixed my own glue/water and went from there.
I think it turned out pretty cute and the piece
below it was just leftover from a wreath and other
projects....a few twists and add-ons and I have a
cute accent to the sign!! :)

Another item I'm sharing was picked up alittle while
ago at a thrift store. My husband actually spotted
it and brought it to my attention. I love it!! It's
a cast iron eagle that bears the logo of a company in
my state that makes heavy industrial pieces and been
in business over 100+ years!! After writing to the
company headquarters, I found out that there was only
200 of these made and they were given out to certain
individuals at a celebration they had back in 1981.
Soooo....I'm pretty happy about that....limited supply
as well as a piece of my states history!! Too cool!!
I think it was $5 well spent!!
I absolutely love Independence Day...the red, white
and blue are one of my favorite decorating themes...
my kitchen and dining room are proof of that!! Here's
a small display I set out...old insulators, bottles,
mini lamp, tied off with old flag remnants and a
flag..of course! ohh and couldn't forget my "chubby
little Uncle Sam"....he's just too darned cute!!
I hope everyone enjoys their fireworks display and has
a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!! Gigi ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past