Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sometimes, stories have even more stories to tell

I've been admiring a piece of artwork for many
years now. I finally decided to stop and take a
picture to share with other "junk lovers" and as my
luck would have it....my doggone batteries died on
my camera!!!

Actually, it wasn't that bad because as I was giving
my camera a piece of my mind, out walks the lady
who lived there!! I explain that I was trying to
take a picture of her bird but my camera wasn't
cooperating and she begins to tell me the story of
how it came to be in her front yard!!

Seems that about 4 years ago, she had open heart
surgery and when she was well enough to go home,
she came to find that her brother who lived down
south had found her this unique piece and sent it
as a get well present.

If you look close enough you can see that it's made up
of old tin cans and the like. She said it was really rusty
when it first arrived and she thought it would be alot
prettier painted...so each year, she gives him a nice new
coat!

For her it resembles, a loving brother, her favorite item
to collect but moreso....her triumph in health....and what
can be better than that?! Hope you enjoy him as much as
I do!!! Have an awesome day...........................GIGI ;}

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past