Thursday, August 6, 2009

China in Bloom

These flowers were made from Goodwill finds.
I'm happy with how they turned out but think
next time I'll try to score some free rebar for the
stems. The scrap wood is good for adding leaves,
raffia, bows and a bigger area to attach the plates
but it's alittle hard to put in the ground!!

I really didn't have anything to make a nice hole
in the center of the plate so I had to use a strong
glue to adhere it, also.

I love the way the holes are in the pot cover. Think
I'll eventually add some larger pip beads out of the
individual holes. I love the colors circled around the
second plate as well...so spring and summery!!

Things went well at my daughters appointment.
While she still remains higher than she should be
on the A1C test (her age goes about a 6-6.5) I'll take
a 9.2 over a 14.9 anytime!!
Take time to smell the flowers today!! **GIGI** ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past