Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Recycling old brown bags!!

I'm not too big on decoupaging pictures of things onto
objects but found that I love to work with old grocery
bags and packing paper!! (would that make me like the
kids who would rather open the present, sit it aside and
play with the box....LOL) ; )

I dismantled an old wooden rack/shelve that I used to hold
cookbooks. I used the metal sides for angels wings, the
wooden back as accent on another shelf and it left me with
the shell that encases a drawer.

I just ripped up some old grocery bags and crinkled them
good...mixed up some glue/water to a consistency that I
liked and began slapping the pieces on. When it was totally
dry, I added 2 coats of polyurithane to seal and add some
shine and attached the star and pip berry.

I dipped the star in glue and rolled it around in some spices
that I threw together to give it a grungy appearance and
voila'........my daughter has a new jewelry box!!!! Who
knows what it will be in its next life when she tires of it!?
But....that's the great thing about recycling!!

Have a beautiful day!! (cross your fingers for us....my daughter
goes to her Endocrinologist today and we are hoping for a much
improved A1C test....that is the big test that tells how well her
diabetes has been in control for the past 3 months!!) GIGI ; )

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea. I hope everything goes well with her test. Praying for only good news!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past