Tuesday, May 19, 2009

TIMES TO TREASURE....

I'm sure nearly everyone remembers their 6th grade school trip!?!?
This week my oldest daughter and I are home alone while my husband is off with the youngest and her class to big old Washington, D.C.

I could have gone but that just isn't my cup of tea...on the other hand...dear husband lives for that stuff!! I was teasing with him about calling home every 2 seconds and low and behold...I've had to text them about 10 times and they probably weren't even an hour out!!

This daughter is Type 1 diabetic amongst other issues....and I am usually the one who provides about 99% of her care...so, it's actually a little vacation for me that it's on my husbands shoulders for awhile. But, worry wart me....came home and saw, she didn't finish her milk...then didn't eat all her toast, then forgot some clothes, then personal items like brushes, soap-etc....so, I had to let him know to be on the lookout for her blood sugar levels....and that he may need to purchase some items upon arrival.

Being home alone also gives me time to be with the oldest who's getting too big to spend time in the same room with us...or have more than a one word conversations or admit we're her parents, etc. I spent the day making her an entire batch of great grandma's custard (I say yuck!) but she LOVES it!! She'll be thrilled to know she doesn't have to share a bite of it with her sister or dad!!

I think we'll spend time taking walks-talks....going to see a movie or shop for something especially for her...it's hard being a teen....hard being the middle child but really hard being the sibling of someone who needs so much of their parents attention as her sister does and she never complains about it at all. I feel this week is just going to be about her.....100% total attention from mom....no distractions, no sharing! Maybe we'll make a special project together this week and I can share it with you?

What is your most favorite memory of childhood or of a time you spent with your own kids? I'd love to hear them all!!! It's a beautiful Tuesday....life is good!! Take care *Gigi*

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gigi - just gave you an award! Visit my blog to find out about it.

    Thanks for your inspiration!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH

MOTHER'S DAY CANDY DISH
"my faux bubblegum machine"

Reflecting on the past

Reflecting on the past